Monday, December 29, 2008

The Big Thaw

The Portland metro area, and the Pacific Northwest in general, is thawing out from one of the biggest and worst snow storms in decades. I had 23" of snow fall at my house in the Cascade foothills and have a pile of snow several feet high blocking a large portion of my driveway.

According to my notes, I haven't ridden my motorcyce since 12/9, the longest riding drought I've had since I bought my bike back in February of 2007. It's driving me nuts.

Now that the snow is gone, the prodigious amount of standing water and sanding gravel on the roadways is the biggest problem. It's raining to beat the band and there is no sunshine in the seven-day forecast, but I'll probably ride to work on Wednesday anyway. That will give the road crews enough time to hopefully sweep the main streets. The rain won't bother me, however.

It's been quite a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment