Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Getting paid to ride

I work in Gresham, Oregon but we have a satellite office in Lacey, Washington. I needed to install a new server in that office so I used the opportunity to ride there on my 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650 yesterday. I left home at 7 AM and got there shortly after 9 AM. It was a chilly ride, never getting over 40 degrees until late morning. Other than some chilly toes and finger tips, my Aerostich Darien jacket and Firstgear Kathmandu pants did a great job keeping me warm.

The V-Strom ran perfectly, too. It has a neutral seating position and good coverage with the Givi after-market windscreen (and Madstad windshield bracket) and both combined to make it a comfortable ride.

By the time I got back home at 5:30 PM I had ridden 284 miles round trip. That's easy to do on a 'Strom.

No comments:

Post a Comment