Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Start them young

A co-worker's wife and four kids visited him at the office. While in the conference room, one of his daughters looked out the window and saw a tall, grey and black motorcycle parked outside. "Daddy! Daddy! Come look! There's a motorcycle outside!"

When I ride, I often see small children staring at me, eyes wide and mouth agape, as if a wizard riding a red dragon just landed in front of them. It's a sense of awe that I recall experiencing when I was a kid whenever I saw motorcycle riders.

We went outside and each of the four little ones got a chance to sit atop the V-Strom and get their picture taken. This little guy was absolutely dwarfed by the tall bike but definitely seemed to grasp that it was something special despite his very young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment