Friday, March 4, 2011

Tweaks and short rides

It's a nasty time of year when it comes to weather. We've had record rain fall, nasty cold, and even snow. My riding opportunities have been rather slim lately, and I've been working long enough hours that commuting on the bike isn't safe enough for my risk levels (from being tired).

I spent some time during a past weekend doing some wrenching on my bike, getting things tightened up and adjusted. I got a short ride in to test things out before heading back home to warm up. The forecast is fairly dry this coming Sunday and Monday so between those two days I'll probably log a file miles on two wheels.

This is also the time of year to day dream about possible trips during the upcoming riding season. One idea I have is to ride down to Laguna Seca and watch the MotoGP races. Another is to do a big loop of national parks, including Yosemite, Yellowstone, and Glacier. No matter what, I plan to do more adventure touring on back roads this year, spending time on unpaved routes and sleeping in a tent instead of a motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment