Thursday, November 6, 2008

Where's Dr. Seuss on such a cold, cold, rainy day?

It's raining. It's Oregon. It's November. That's what happens in Oregon in November.

It rains.

I'm not talking namby pamby pissle drizzle. I'm talking rain.

All day long.

It's the reason why GoreTex(tm) is the State Fabric. It's the reason why owning a motorcycle in Oregon is a part-time job. Spring and Fall, and Summer, too = fantastic riding. Potentially some of the best three-season riding conditions in these United States of America.

But from November through February, it sucks. Here's the current weather radar image for the area so you can see what I mean. [external link]

In the meantime, what I do while I'm stuck inside looking out the window at the gray and wet is dream of past and future rides in a state that otherwise is my favorite in the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment