Monday, August 25, 2008

Fantastic ride to Detroit

I've been taking Fridays off because I've built up too much comp time at work, so last week I got some chores done around the house, then got on my V-Strom and headed south to Detroit over Forest Service road 46. The weather was fantastic, in the low 70's. I made it to Detroit, grabbed a snack, and headed back the way I came.

When I came to a sign for FS42 that connected with highway 26, I took it. The road is single lane most of the way. It's in great shape and felt like I was riding through a park, having it all to myself. The road meets the junction with Timothy Lake; I veered east and linked up with highway 26. I checked out the campground at Clear Lake, then got back on 26 up and over the mountain.

The annual Hood to Coast relay was underway so the ride from Government Camp back to Sandy was slow. There were cops everwhere! Runners were jogging along the right side of the road so I took it slow and made it home safely, with a big smile on my face.

[caption id="attachment_257" align="alignright" width="300" caption="A happy rider"]A happy rider[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment